On the 21st– 22nd of September the Global Meeting of the Project on the Simulation using Building Information Modeling Methodology of Multimodal, Multipurpose and Multiproduct Freight Railway Terminals Infrastructures (INTERMODEL EU) took a place in Finland. The meeting was held in VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland in Otaniemi, a district of Espoo.
The main objectives of this event were:
- an overview of progress in individual work packages;
- an identification of new opportunities and risks after the first year of the project;
- a presentation of immediate objectives for the next 6 months;
- a discussion of deviations from the work plan.
The meeting was opened by Ms. Gisela Soley as INTERMODEL EU project manager and representative of IDP. Gisela made an overview of the INTERMODEL project focused on what has been done during the first year, the deliverables submitted, approved, the work that has to be done during the next 6‐month period and deliverables to be submitted by February 2018, and what is expected from each partner.
Then the leaders of each WP had a multimedia presentation about the progress of works, plans for the nearest period, risk and opportunities and the most important challenges. At the end of the presentation, it was time for a discussion.
During this three-days global meeting, there were also several workshops on the following topics:
- planning in integrated multimodal terminals;
- end‐user view point to integrated planning;
- operational simulation and external mobility simulation;
- case studies and scenarios.
The participants, after intense discussion, found also a moment to admire the Finnish nature, the landscape and the less formal talks that served the team’s integration.